A warm welcome to all new and returning Grand River Collegiate students as we head into the 2014-2015 school year.
During the week of August 11th you should have received a letter containing a Data Verification Form (DVF) and our Opening Day Schedule. You may bring in your completed and signed DVF into the main office beginning August 25th –August 28th from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and exchange it for your 2014-2015 Timetable.
Your new school year begins on Tuesday, September 2nd. Please refer to the first day schedule posted on the website to note specific times when you are to be at school.
Just a few reminders for September 2nd:
Looking forward to seeing you!
Deborah Tyrrell, Principal, on behalf of the GRCI Administration
Looking forward to a new school year. Please click to see the alternative schedule for the first
day. A reminder, buses will run at their normal schedule.
NEW BELL TIMES:
Earlier this school year, a decision was made to change the bell times at a number of schools in the WRDSB as a cost-saving measure. Starting in September, GRCI bell times will be changed by 10 minutes, so that students attend school from 8:15 a.m. until 2:25 p.m. As a result, our daily timetable in 2014-15 will be:
Reg day schedule new
WHO’S MY GUIDANCE COUNSELLOR
Surname begins with…
A – D S. Rose
H – ME M. Prentice
E, F, MI – R R. Payne
G, S – Z M. Church
Course Changes for 2014-2015
Guidance counsellors will be available starting August 25th between 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. If you require changes to your timetable, please come in to the Guidance Office with your new timetable in hand to sign-up for an appointment between August 25th–August 28th. There will be NO timetable/course change requests in September, so please come into the school to sign-up for an appointment with Guidance during the above scheduled dates.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
STUDENT CARD + YEARBOOK = $65
IF BOUGHT INDIVIDUALLY:
STUDENT CARD—$30, YEARBOOK—$40
1. You MUST have a GRCI student card to participate in any school club, team or extra curricular activity including dances. Activity Cards are the major source of income for all extra-curricular activities at Grand River. Your support is the key to a successful student activities program.
2. All students will be photographed on Tuesday, September 9. This photo is needed for the school yearbook, office and counseling records.
3. STUDENT CARD / YEARBOOK: Please bring cash or cheque (made payable to GRCI) to the CAFETERIA. Absolutely NO I.O.U.’s will be accepted. If there is no possible way you can pay on Tuesday, September 9, you may make special arrangements for payment with your Vice-Principal on Monday, September 8. A note from your parent or guardian would be appreciated.
4. PICTURE PACKAGES: A variety of picture packages will be available for your purchase. A brochure detailing the options will be distributed through homerooms during the first week of September. This brochure will also contain a tear-off envelope which can be used to submit payment. Picture packages may be purchased by cash or cheque (payable to LIFETOUCH CANADA or via a secure Lifetouch website). Re-take Day is scheduled for October 17th.
5. Our 2014 -15 Student Activities Budget is geared to the success of this day. If you have questions, come to the Student Activities Office or ask your Homeroom teacher.
FOR THOSE PURCHASING BOTH A PICTURE PACKAGE AND A STUDENT CARD/YEARBOOK, PLEASE NOTE:
TWO SEPARATE CHEQUES WILL BE REQUIRED, ONE MADE OUT TO GRCI AND THE OTHER MADE OUT TO LIFETOUCH CANADA.