Community Resources: Information & Links
DENTAL, website: Healthy Smiles, Healthy Kids.
Healthy Smiles Ontario is a government-funded dental program that provides free preventive, routine, and emergency dental services for children and youth 17 years old and under from low-income households.
The program includes regular visits to a licensed dental provider and covers the costs of treatment including:
- urgent or emergency dental care
Cosmetic dentistry, including teeth whitening and braces, are not covered by the program.
SEXUAL HEALTH CLINIC, website: Region of Waterloo Public Health
Sexual health services include clinical and counselling services. To make an appointment at a sexual health clinic or for counselling, call 519-883-2267.
Visit our Sexual Health Counselling or Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) & HIV Testing for locations and hours of operation.
- Access to birth control methods & pap tests (for 24-year olds and under)
- Follow up on post-therapeutic abortion
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections including HIV
- Treatment for genital warts (HPV)
- Healthy relationships
- Sexual orientation
- Sexual assault referrals
- Birth control information
- Pregnancy testing, counselling and referrals
- Post-therapeutic abortion
- YWCA Kitchener Waterloo, http://www.ywcakw.on.ca/emergency-shelter
- OneROOF Kitchener, http://oneroof.org/
- Lutherwood Safe Haven Shelter KW: https://www.lutherwood.ca/contact/safe-haven-shelter
- Argus Residence Cambridge, http://argusresidence.com/
- House of Friendship Kitchener, http://www.houseoffriendship.org/
- see your Guidance Counsellor to discuss options