Physical and Health Education
Healthy Active Living Philosophy
It is our belief that students should love being physically active. We emphasize Active Participation, development of Physical Literacy, gaining knowledge of Healthy Living, and Leadership Development.
New PE Uniforms Available Online!!
Click this link to order T-Shirts, and Shorts for use in Phys Ed class!
Meet the GRCI Phys Ed Staff…
Mr. S. Peng – Department Head
Mr. Peng joined the GRCI staff after 12 years SJAM. He has a passion for Athletic Leadership development in students, technology, coaching basketball, and playing a little guitar.
Mr. S. Curtis
Mr. Curtis has been teaching at GRCI for 11 years. Passions include; coaching Basketball and Track, and instructing in the Power Fit weight room.
Mr. M Galasso
Mr. G is the department Power Fit guru. He started the course in 2003 and has caused it to be one of the top programs in the county! Mr. G is an avid runner, track timer and meet organizer, Head Track and Field Coach at GRCI. Mr. G also coaches our Novice and Intermediate Curling teams.
Mr. J. Hunsberger
Mr. Hunsberger is the department comedian and music trivia buff. He coaches Sr. Boys Volleyball, assists with boys hockey, and leads the boys lacrosse team.
Ms. L. Leavy
- Ms. Leavy is the resident Kinesiology Course expert. She makes this course come alive with fun application labs and demos that allow the content to sink in!
Ms K. Lewis
• at Grand since 1999
• teaches in English and Phys. Ed Depts
• coach girls and boys volleyball, girls soccer, and triathlon (which is only a one day event every May). Also coached badminton one season.
• avid triathlete. Compete all summer long and train all year long. Highlight was competing at the World Triathlon Championships for Age Groupers (representing Canada) in Sept. 2013 in London, England @ Hyde Park – on the 2012 Olympic course.
• love to bike to school from Guleph when weather permits
Mr. S. McCulloch
Mr. McCulloch is the head boys hockey coach. He also runs the Hockey Focus Course at GRCI for Grade 10’s. He also teaches in the business department.
Mr. M. Medensky
‘Mad Dog’ Medensky has been at GRCI for….a long time. He has led the football program here at GRCI for his career here at Grand River.
Ms. H. Millard
Ms. Millard coaches Jr. Girls volleyball.
Ms. S. Warner
Ms. Warner teaches Live Fit and Grade 9 girls Phys Ed. is the resident photographer at GRCI. She captures incredible sports moments with her camera that are found around the halls at GRCI.
Downloadable Course Outlines
Assessment Rubric in Student Friendly Language
Click below to download a PDF displaying the SUCCESS CRITERIA of achieving a Level 4 in Healthy Active Living at GRCI.