INTERNATIONAL AND INDIGENOUS LANGUAGES PROGRAM 2022/2023
The WRDSB International and Indigenous Languages Program is offering secondary credit courses for students from Grades 9 – 12 on Saturday mornings from September, 2022-June, 2023.
SUMMER SCHOOL 2023
SUMMER SCHOOL COURSES
NEW THIS YEAR!! Choose either E-Learn or In Person (some courses will only be offered as elearning while some courses will only be offered as in person). All elearning courses will be asynchronous learning.
Click on this link for summer school course offerings
Summer school runs from Tuesday July 4, 2023 to Friday July 28, 2023. Deadline for summer school registration is April 25, 2023.
See your guidance counsellor to register.
Grade 9/10 Math Pathways for Summer School 2023 ONLY
● Math Courses Available to Current Grade 9 Students
○ MTH1W (in person only) – recommended for Grade 9 students who achieved below level 1 in MTH1W
○ GLD – GLD2O is designed to help students deepen their understanding of mathematical concepts that will be important for their learning when transitioning between grade 9 and
10 Math, while gaining necessary tools and skills for the workplace of tomorrow. Through integrated activities related to career exploration, experiential learning, and entrepreneurship, students will have an opportunity to improve their understanding of foundational mathematical concepts and skills. This course will be an interactive and engaging experience to help students gain transferable skills for continued learning andwork.
■ GLD2O (in person only) – recommended for grade 9 students who achieved a level 1 or 2 in MTH1W. It is also recommended that retaking MTH1W is discussed with families/teachers if achievement in MTH1W was Level 1.
● Courses Available for Grade 10 Students
○ MPM2D – De-streamed (dual track) – reserved for grade 10/11/12 students only. This option will not be available for current grade 9 students.
SUMMER SCHOOL CO-OP INFORMATION
Summer School Co-op dates and processes have been determined. Co-op placement dates are Wednesday, June 28, 2023 to Friday, July 28, 2023 (plus 5 additional pre placement dates prior to June 29).
Co-op Registration Information:
- Registration opens after 12PM on February 28, 2023 and closes at 12 PM on March 31, 2023.
- ACTION ITEM FOR GRCI STUDENTS: Request a guidance appointment with your counsellor to register for coop
- Students must be aware and agree to the mandatory dates listed:
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS & DATES (Placements June 28-July 28)
1) Co-op Orientation:
- Saturday April 15, 2023 (Virtual/online)
2) Co-op Pre-Placement:
- Saturday April 29, 2023 (In person)
- Saturday May 13, 2023 (In person)
- Saturday May 27, 2023 (In person)
- Saturday June 3, 2023 (In person)
- Saturday June 17, 2023 (Virtual/online)
If interested, book an appointment with your guidance counsellor!