April 1st, 2016
For the fifth year in a row, the WRDSB Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) and the Waterloo Region Assembly of Public School Councils (WRAPSC) is hosting their free annual family event for parents, guardians and the community!
The theme for this year’s parent conference is Strengthening Family-School Relationships – Achieving Excellence and Well-being for all Students.
Date: Saturday, April 16, 2016
Time: 8:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Bluevale Collegiate Institute (BCI)
The conference will start with keynote speaker Monique Howat, a motivation expert since 1998, speaking about “How to Raise Confident and Motivated Kids,” followed by a variety of workshops on topics that include:
- Family Habits of Happiness
- How Food Affects Learning & Behaviour
- Transitioning from Grade 8 to Secondary School
- Homework Help
- Emotional Intelligence
- Working with your Kids on Math
- …plus much more!
Great news! Due to popular demand, three session topics have been added to the schedule:
- CODE Parent Math Kit (10:30am)
- Defining Your Digital Identity (10:30am)
- Food: How it Affects Learning & Behaviour (12:45pm)
Free childcare for children ages 2 – 11 will be provided for the day.
Interested in attending this conference? Registration is NOW OPEN.