Success Day – Thursday, Oct. 18th
October 15th, 2018
October 18th is our first Success Day for the 2018/19 school year. Once again the timetable will be altered to accommodate time for students to seek out extra help, complete and/or hand in outstanding assignments, or work on current assignments. There is an opportunity for students to take part in wellness activities if they do not need remediation and/or have all work handed in for evaluation. Wellness is a key indicator for student achievement.
Students do not need to sign up for academic support or wellness sessions. Spaces for the Wellness Activities are limited and students will be accommodated on a first come, first serve basis. A complete breakdown of the afternoon’s success sessions can be found below. All sessions are free EXCEPT FOR THE FIELD TRIP TO CONESTOGA COLLEGE.
We will be offering the following Wellness Workshops for October for Session 1 (12:20 to 1:20 pm):
- Creative Writing, Stress Management & Clearing Your Head , Room 3-113.
- Cookie Decorating, Room 3-104
- Making a Clay Pendant, Room T-101
- Digital Hygiene 101 – Organize Your Google Drive, Room 1-102
- Field Trip to Conestoga College @ the College, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, $5, register and pay on School Day
We will be offering the following Wellness Workshops for October for Session 2 (1:25 to 2:25 pm):
- Halloween Crafting, Room 7-100
- Board Games, Room 3-111
- Holiday Job Search & Resume Writing 101, Room 1-102
Schedule for the day…
|8:15 – 9:00||A Block Class|
|9:05 – 9:50||B Block Class|
|9:55-10:40||D Block Class|
|10:45 – 11:30||C Block Class|
|11:30 – 12:20||LUNCH|
|12:20 – 1:20||Success Session 1|
|1:25-2:25||Success Session 2|
Please Note: The food services provided by the cafeteria will not be operating on this date.