2019 Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test Information
March 18th, 2019
#1 – On Wed, March 20, 2019, all grade 10 students and previously eligible senior students will be participating in Literacy Test practice activities throughout the day. In each class they will complete an activity which is tailored to help them succeed on the Literacy Test.
- Instructions: 8:25 am – 8:35 am
- Booklet 1: 8:35 am – 10:05 am
- 1st Break: 10:05 am – 10:20 am
- Booklet 2: 10:20 am – 11:50 am
- Student Survey: 11:50 am – 12:00 pm
- Lunch: 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
** All electronic devices are prohibited in test rooms **
It is important to note the following about the day’s structure:
• Students not writing the test will only have access to the cafeteria, while the test is in progress, for quiet, independent study. As most school staff will be involved in administering the test, there will be no regular classroom instruction in the morning. School buses will run only at their regular times.
• Once regular administration of the test has been completed, teachers will be available in the afternoon to provide all students with tutorial assistance in all subjects and at all grade levels. Teachers will announce to their students, and post in their classrooms, the location for their tutorial sessions. Regular attendance reporting procedures remain in effect for this day, in that any student who does not attend will be marked absent.
These adjustments have been made across the Waterloo Region District School Board in order to facilitate the administration of the OSSLT in a manner that provides for the best conditions possible for the students who are writing. If you have any concerns or questions regarding the OSSLT, or the schedule for March 27th, please feel free to contact any one of the GRCI Administrators.
Josh Windsor, Principal