February 8th, 2024
February is Psychology Month. This month provides us with an opportunity to:
- Highlight the important role psychological services consultants play in the lives of students
- Share some resources developed by psychological services at WRDSB
Psychology at the Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB)
Each school has a psychological services consultant. Our psychology staff is committed to:
- Helping to address mental health concerns
- Providing a deeper understanding of why a student may be struggling
- Working with families and staff to develop strategies to support the student
- Helping students better understand their own strengths and areas of need
- Providing students the tools they need to succeed in school and in life
- Empowering students to advocate for their:
- Learning needs
- Physical and mental health
Supports from WRDSB Psychology Staff
We invite families and caregivers to join our Lunch and Learn sessions, held over the lunch hour on Wednesdays. Those who attend will learn useful tips and information to assist them in supporting their child.
View our February Lunch and Learn Sessions.
Students, families, caregivers and staff are invited to check out the psychology department YouTube channel. They have created a series of short videos on important mental health topics. These videos range in length from 2 minutes to 10 minutes and were developed with students, staff, and caregivers in mind. Topics include:
- What is Anxiety
- Building Self-Care
- Ways to Connect with Your Child
- The Thoughts, Feelings, Behaviours Connection
- Learning Disabilities 101 – New
We also have a collection of Parenting Essentials Webinars that provide information on how caregivers can best support their children.
Celebrating WRDSB Psychology Staff
We encourage you to celebrate the WRDSB psychological services staff. Join us in thanking them for all they do every day to improve and support the lives of students and families. Use the hashtag #PsychologyMonth to show your gratitude!